Wednesday, October 01, 2008

More on those 60 sites

I went back over the 60 sites in 60 minutes presentation Ryan Pitts of Spokane presented here last week. (At Cragin's urging I am typing this out so you can peek at it at your discretion, rather than holding a meeting and making you listen to me go over/puzzle them.)
There are some very cool and free tools here. I put asterisks next to the ones that have some applications for us, things we might be able to use. Among them, something that would allow us to present live video from a cell phone, a tool we could use to for free to make our own desktop widgets and something that stitches together wide-angle photos into huge scrollable images.
But at the same time, this exercise underlined for me that we need one tool, or one set of tools, not a zillion things taped together that we have to remember how to use fresh each time. (See next post for the full list. I can't figure out how to attach the dang doc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment