Monday, September 08, 2008

Here we go again -- the conference, not the wildfires

Wow, it's been a year already.

When I wrote the last post on this blog, I had just gotten back from the Online News Association's conference in Toronto and just coming down from that amazing week of fire coverage.

Now, I'm on my way to this year's ONA conference, in D.C., hoping against the odds that I'll be bringing back a top award for our fire coverage. (If we win, will the company then pay for my travel expense?)

As I did last year, I'll be using this space to share my experiences and insights from the conference with you folks back home and anyone else interested. (But I hope without the hassles I found in getting online from Canada. It was nice so many people near my hotel had unsecured wireless accounts.)

The conference begins for me on Wednesday, with a workshop on ideas, insights, challenges and strategies from newspaper websites. I asked the moderator if we could focus on things that actually attract sizable audiences. Bells and whistles are nice, but we have a lot of mouths to feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment